Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24th 2011: The yearbook

Started work on the yearbook today. They wanted me to take pictures of the school, and made sure that I "capture its good side". Yep.

I did my best to capture its good side as some other students who were walking to class started screwing around in front of the camera. I brought about 20+ photos to the teacher in charge of the yearbook class and she asked if I could record an interview for her, as the usual camera person wasn't here today.

I accepted, and went to the front of the cafeteria entrance doors, where the interview was taking place.
Ronald (the interviewer) was interviewing my HOPE coach (it's basically physical education); Ms. Klein. She's an obnoxious woman who resembles that old woman from that one George Lopez show. Even sounds like her. She was talking about how she's holding a new fitness camp nearby the school. Apparently she's going to be absent tomorrow and the entire next week. Pretty much everyone who has Ms. Klein was so happy, including me.

The recording of the interview was pretty simple. I just pointed the Sony video camera at them the whole time... No flashy cinematography or anything. Maybe I'll take up being the cameraman for interviews as my career!

Fuck no

All that recording seemed to be pretty fucked up when it premiered on the morning broadcast however.  Bunch of static noises and weird distortion. The video quality was fine for like the first five seconds but then the color changed to some type of blue filter. Audio got kind of messed up, but you could still hear the interview. The cameras our school has are old as caveman shit and so are the overall equipment, so I'm guessing that was the cause.

Well, that's like 9 service hours for me. My first service hours. Still got another 30 or so to do in order to graduate in 2013.

See you all tomorrow, I drew something again today, and I'll try to scan that later and post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment